01 January 2012

New Year greetings

Thanks to Colin Henry (centre in the photo, left, of Ferguson, Holmes, & Henry), who writes:

I want to take this opportunity at the start of a new year to thank our tireless editor Richard for all the effort and time, most of it single-handed, that has been put into the blog; not just last year but the six years it has been in existence. I am sure I speak for many when I say that it has been an invaluable source of information and interest. It is of course the main web presence of Irish bluegrass, and not only gives Irish bluegrassers a sense of community but lets the world (and I mean the world) know what talent exists here.

Thanks, Richard, for it all. How you get time to practise the banjo I do not know, but as we are all obsessed with playing we can always find the time for a few forward rolls (and backward rolls and forward/backward rolls and melodic licks, etc., etc.).

Happy New Year to the Blog, long may it continue.

And thanks to Gary Ferguson, Colin's US colleague in the trio - though we're sorry to hear the 2012 tour will be so short. Gary writes:

Please pass along my best wishes to everyone and mention that we (Colin, Janet and me) will only be doing two gigs in July and anyone wanting to come to the shows can contact us for any info. We will be at Flowerfield Arts Centre in Portstewart on 7 July and the Red Room in Cookstown on 8 July.

Happy New Year!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:51 pm, Blogger Twanger said...

Hear hear! I second that emotion! A splendid resource.. Fair play, Mr Editor!

 
At 6:56 pm, Blogger moonshineminx said...

Well said Colin,thanks to Richard for all his work and best wishes to all of the Bluegrass family in Ireland for 2012!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home