25 June 2015

Vincent Cross in Europe, 5 July-21 Aug. 2015

Vincent Cross (photo: Vera Hoar)

Vincent Cross, the Irish bluegrass scene's resident envoy in New York, sends his latest e-newsletter, looking forward to his extensive seven-week tour in Europe from early next month. Vincent writes:

This summer I embark on my first European tour in many years, and I'm extremely excited. I see these tours as more a pilgrimage rather than some kind of musical marketing plan... Music has allowed me to meet people I would never have met based around where and when I was born. It also seems to help break down barriers and remove the plaque that forms around the foundations of ourselves. I believe that it is necessary for survival.

I'd like to meet as many people as possible on this run, and hope that my friends will share the details below through e-mail or other social media. Come and connect with me through the Facebook invite, and we'll share a story or two.


All the schedule appears in the e-newsletter, both as a straightforward list and in a poster image. Vincent advises checking his website for changes and details. His dates in Ireland are:

Tues. 21st July: Abner Brown's Barber Shop, Rathmines, Dublin 6
Wed. 22nd: The Sitting Room Session, De Barra's, Clonakilty, Co. Cork
Thurs. 23rd: De Burgo's, Galway city (Galway Fringe Festival)
Sat. 25th: The Little Blue Room, Longford town
Sun. 26th: McGing's, Westport, Co. Mayo
Wed. 29th: Anchorage Bar, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim
Thurs. 30th: The Lansdowne Session, Belfast
Fri. 31st: The Cobblestone, Smithfield, Dublin
Sat. Aug. 1st: Venue 4, Americana Music Workshop, Athlone
Sun. 2nd: House concert, Galway

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home