01 April 2015

Bob Wright celebrates fifty years of performing

Bob Wright (photo) of Staten Island, NY, who was at more than one of the early Dunmore East bluegrass festivals, sends word that on 4 April he will be celebrating fifty years 'of insanity and mayhem' as a performer of bluegrass, folk, Americana, and other acoustic music, by playing from 8.00 to 10.00 p.m. at the ETG Cafe on Staten Island - 'with my buddy Bill Doerge helping to try and make some sense of it, to offer homage to the players, songs, and songwriters who inspired and continue to inspire me'.

Read Bob's full manifesto here; there's also a link to it on his Facebook page, and a live feed from the cafe's website.

Update 3 Apr.: Also, read below Bob's comment, just received.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:04 am, Blogger Bob Wright said...

Thank you so much for posting this Richard. It has been too long since I was over, but I am proud of my Irish citizenship and hoping to get back soon. I will be in Liverpool the end of May playing at the Everyman Folk Club with Hughie Jones and have a few more things lined up that aren't set in stone yet. If anyone is in the area it would be great to see them there. Hoep all is well with you and I hope to see you soon, Bob W

 

Post a Comment

<< Home