14 January 2014

HPT tour - beginning THIS week

The BIB editor writes:

Thanks to Ray O'Brien for a reminder that High Plains Tradition, another splendid US traditional bluegrass band, is due to begin a tour here even earlier than Nation & Blackwell. On Ray's 'Bluegrass in Ireland' Facebook page you can find their complete schedule and Ray's own enthusiastic endorsement.

The BIB already has the schedule on its calendar and plenty more about them in various places, so I'll add only that the band to which I belong will have the honour of playing support to HPT at their first show of the tour, at Ashbourne, Co. Meath, this coming Thursday night; and that my family and I will then see and hear as much as we can of them at the Shannonside Winter Music Weekend directly after.

As I said on the BIB last September, 'High Plains Tradition made a great impact on their two previous tours (July 2010, October 2012), and no one who loves solid traditional bluegrass with plenty of fun should miss them.' And I'm similarly looking forward to seeing Nation & Blackwell.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home