15 April 2013

Niall Toner, RTÉ, and the EBMA Bluegrass Personality Award

The photo above shows Niall Toner, recipient of the EBMA's European Bluegrass Personality 2012 award, being presented with the trophy by Ann-Marie Power, Editor of Music and Entertainment in RTÉ Radio One, in the Dublin offices of RTÉ on Thursday 11 April. Niall says of the trophy:

It's a real beauty, handmade from various hardwoods, and we are already fighting over whether it should go home with me, or be displayed in the reception area of the RTÉ Radio One building for all to see.

The reaction to my EBMA award has been nothing short of remarkable. Hot Press magazine took about forty photos of me holding the award for their next issue, and now I hear that IMRO are wanting it for display in their reception area... Moira [Niall's wife] wants it on our sideboard. At this rate I may have to consider the possibility of having replicas made.

I'd like to thank all at RTÉ for their support, and all at EBMA for naming me the European Bluegrass Personality Of The Year 2012, and I'll do my utmost to live up to it!

Niall's 'Roots Freeway' programme returns to RTE Radio One on Saturday 1 June. He invites bands and musicians to send in CDs.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home