26 February 2012

Twice as nice

Thanks to Uri Kohen of Electric Cave Production, who reports from Westport, Co. Mayo:

On Tuesday 14 February, I was honoured to be invited to a Valentine show of the Noriana Kennedy Trio [see the BIB for 24 Jan. 2012]. I have seen Noriana many times before and I'm a big fan of her music, but this show was special: it was the first time I have seen her performing her music in theatre-show style. It gave me and the rest of the audience that packed the house the opportunity to listen to every note and words of the songs, without the noise of the pub.

Noriana, Noelie, and Nicola mastered their performance, and both the choice of song and the deliverance were superb. With this show, I'm sure they are going to win the hearts of the Australians from next month.

It was important to me to have Noriana in Westport for one last time before her Australian tour. Last Friday (24 February) she came to our new home in McGing's pub, backed by other friends. Peter and Mark from the band Doghouse took Noriana's music on a different adventure. Alongside the old-time and Americana-type songs, we got some blues, swing, and some superb acoustic guitar solos. Once again the Westport crowd gave the band a big welcoming hug.

On a personal note: I got to see one of my favourite Irish artists twice in ten days, and got another feather in my hat for bringing more top-class music to Westport. I want to wish Noriana all the best in Australia, and to all music lovers - David Hope will be playing McGing's pub on Friday 9 March. See you in Westport!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home