15 October 2011

Niall Toner - hot ticket in Tennessee

Many thanks to Niall Toner for this report from the heart of the US scene:

I'm back in Nashville for the Americana Music Association Conference and Festival, and I just spent the last two night as MC at the Station Inn for the Americana showcases: Marshall Chapman, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, The Wronglers, Rich and Mollie O'Brien, Peter Rowan Band, etc....

I am in the recording studio today, Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday, recording new songs with Keith Sewell, Holly Tashian, and Sean Pody. Thursday next I'm off to east Tennessee and North Carolina again to perform at the Choo Choo Cafe in Erwin, TN, on Friday evening at 6.30 p.m., and on Saturday I'm playing at the Historic Jonesborough Bluegrass Festival, in Jonesborough, TN, with Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out, etc.

Also, the Owensboro Museum contingent turned up at the Station Inn on Wednesday night. They have been very supportive, and are working on a plan to have me perform at the Museum on my next trip. It's been a very busy month, but very productive, very successful, and very satisfying.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home