08 July 2011

Bluegrass on the Walls

Thanks to Frank Galligan, who writes:

This year is the 10th anniversary of 'Bluegrass on the Walls' in Derry. Significantly, it became an integral part of the Maiden City Festival, an event organised by the Apprentice Boys of Derry, so that the regular appearances by bands from the Republic of Ireland assumed great significance indeed, not only playing on the historic walls but inside the Memorial Hall itself.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank all those who contributed over the decade, but apologise profusely to those bands who were who were expecting to hear from me about this year's festival. A number of weeks ago, I turned up for a meeting in Derry - ostensibly to finalise matters - but after an hour, nobody turned up. Imagine my surprise when I discovered through the Bluegrass Ireland Blog that the Festival was indeed going ahead but I had not been informed. Some matters have since been clarified; but after ten years, I was entitled to be afforded a greater common courtesy.

Musicians and festival moguls alike do not need to be reminded of my upfront and unfussy modus operandi when dealing with them. I look forward to working with the bands again in the future in a different capacity; and for those musicians fortunate enough to grace the Walls again next month, good luck and good picking.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home