30 December 2010

The NTB takes steps upward

Thanks again to Niall Toner, who sends this good news:

I am delighted to be able to let you know that the New Year is off to a cracking start for the Niall Toner Band [photo left], as we have secured exclusive representation in the USA for festivals and tours there with Mountain Music Entertainment Inc. The company is run by Steve Johnson, who I first met at the Monroe homeplace on Jerusalem Ridge in 2005. We jammed together for a couple of hours on Monroe's front porch [photo below], and Steve helped me out with organising musicians to play with me on the Festival stage, where I sang our Monroe tribute songs, 'The Master's resting place' and 'Bill Monroe's mandolin'.


I have remarked on my blog that personal contacts are a vital part of success in the music business, and this is a very good example of what I mean, even if it has taken almost five years to turn into something concrete. This was also on the same day that I walked through the woods by the Festival site, and wrote the chorus of 'WSM', a new Monroe tribute song which I only finished recently, and which will be on the next NTB CD.

It's interesting to note that MME Inc. also represent some fine US bands, like Ralph Stanley II, Grasstowne, and Karl Shiflett. Our representation with this company is effective from this week, and I understand that inquiries and bookings for NTB are already very healthy. Check out all they do at their website.

Update 14 Jan. 2011: the full artist roster for Mountain Music Entertainment can be viewed in this press release of a few days ago.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home